Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What personal information will we ask you for?
- What do we use this information for?
- Lawful Basis For Using your Personal Data in this way:
- What happens if you do not provide this Personal Information?
- Who do we share your data with?
- How long do we keep your data for?
- How do we keep your data safe?
- Do we collect any other information from you?
What personal information will we ask you for?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services. This will include contact details e.g.; Name, Contact, Email so that we may provide information to you.
What do we use this information for?
For bookings: We use your data for contact purposes, to prepare quotes and book holiday arrangements according to your requirements including your payment, flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
It may sometimes be necessary to collect personal data that may be considered Special Category (e.g. health, religion) to cater to your needs or act in your interest. We will only be able to accept this data for booking purposes with your consent.
Lawful Basis for using your Personal Data in this way:
Contract: We use the personal information provided because you have asked for something to be done e.g. for some information to be sent.
Consent: If it is necessary to process sensitive personal information in relation to your request (e.g. relating to health or religion) we will obtain your consent to collect this data and to share it with suppliers when necessary.
What happens if you do not provide this Personal Information?
If you do not wish to supply us with this information, it will not be possible for us to answer your enquiry.
Who do we share your data with?
- WE WILL NEVER SHARE YOUR DATA WITH OTHER COMPANIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES. NOR WILL WE SELL OR RENT YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
- Our website contact forms are processed via our website email service provider.
- In the case of a confirmed booking, please be informed that we must pass it to suppliers of your travel arrangements, including airlines. We may also supply it to public authorities such as customs and immigration. When you make this booking, you consent to this information being passed to the relevant people.
- We sometimes use GDPR compliant third party software to help us with tasks and therefore need to process your data via their servers for processes such as bookings. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- We reserved all the rights to deny any request regarding access to any of our data.
How long do we keep your data for?
Personal data that we process via this website for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Personal data supplied for the purposes of a holiday enquiry or quote will be retained for a minimum period relating to the valid date of a quote and for a maximum period of the length of our business relationship.
- Data supplied for the purposes of general enquiries will be kept until the enquiry has been satisfactorily answered.
How do we keep your data safe?
No system is guaranteed 100% secure but we have taken the appropriate precautions to safeguard your data wherever possible.
- Our Website is hosted on highly secure UK data servers with dedicated firewall protection.
- We only use GDPR compliant third party service processors for helping us to manage tasks. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
- We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information. All staff our trained in our Data Protection Policies and we use security measures such as password protected access to our in- house computer systems.
Do we collect any other information from you?
Your information is controlled by My Trip UK If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to My Trip UK.